Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is:
For the full Safeguarding team click here
The staff and governors of the School are committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve the best outcomes in line with Government’s Every Child Matters: Change for Children programme; that is for every child to:
- Be healthy
- Stay safe
- Enjoy and achieve
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic well being
This policy relates to the “staying safe” outcome and contributes to multi agency local safeguarding practice.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children (as defined by ‘Safeguarding Children & Safer Recruitment, Jan. 2007) is:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health and development;
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- Undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successively.
Our safeguarding policy provides a clear direction to staff and others about the expected behaviour when dealing with child protection issues. We are committed to the development of good practice and sound procedures. This ensures that child protection concerns, referrals and monitoring are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the child’s needs.
This policy applies to all pupils, staff, governors, volunteers and visitors to the School.
Keeping Children Safe in Education
The key documents about keeping children safe in education can be accessed via the link below. All those that work with children must understand these documents and know what to do if they are worried about a child. Every member of staff at Kingsley has received training and will do everything they can to protect children from harm.
Keeping Children Safe in Education Policy